Introduction: The false teaching of ‘Rapture’ has spread like gangrene in an already ailing body of the children of God. The idea that mere confession of faith aloud becomes a canopy of His grace over you so that you live and enjoy this world and await the great moment when you’ll be whisked off in the twinkling of an eye leaving behind no trace save for your shedded clothes is as preposterous as it is blasphemous.
In this context, let us read what prophet Jeremiah had to say to Hananiah the false prophet, “From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms. But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the Lord ONLY IF HIS PREDICTION COMES TRUE.” (Jer 28:8-9). Also refer Ezek 2:9, Deut 18:22 etc.
The truth is there will be two Resurrections. The first one is the glorious resurrection of the saints for Salvation and the second one the resurrection of the wicked for Judgment. The first one will occur at the Second Coming of the Lord and the second one will occur at the end of Christ’s millennium reign on earth. Refer Rev 20:4-6, Rev 2:11, Lk 12:4-5, Jn 5:28-29 etc.
Let us read Ps 110:1, “The Lord says to my Lord: ‘Sit at My right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.'” That is right, the Day of the Lord will not come until the last of His enemies is revealed and brought to his knees. It is the prophesied “…the abomination that causes desolation, standing where it does not belong..” (Mk 13:14, Matt 24:15, Lk 21:20, Rev 13-18). And only then the end will come, just as we read in 1 Cor 15:24, “Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.” Also refer 2 Thess 2:1-4, Dan 7:24-27, Dan 11:36-45, Dan 12:1-3 etc.
The Church or the bare remnant of her (eg Dan 9:26a) will certainly pass through the Great Tribulation – do not believe otherwise! These handful of saints will endure the tyranny of Anti-Christ – again read Dan 7:25b, Dan 9:26-27, Dan 11:33, Lk 21:36 etc. After which Christ’s millennium reign of true Peace, Prosperity and Security will finally come to pass. Let those who can understand, understand – Dan 12:10, “Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.” Also refer Rev 22:11.
When in the beginning God foretold all things, symbolically and otherwise, and men failed to heed or understand, He sent His faithful servants and prophets. All these prophets of the past plus the four books of Gospel and the Book of Revelation foretell the events that will take place in their sequential order before the end of this world.
We shall take the Book of Revelation as our central focus, for which chief purpose alone it is given us, and back all our findings with supporting revelations from the rest of the Scripture as mentioned above. Please keep your Bible open to the Book of Revelation, so that you can move with the flow as this time I wish to make very few references, only those which are absolutely necessary, so as not to disrupt the flow. When in doubt or confusion (which is more than likely because of how accustomed we have become to listening to the contrary), please look up the Word and verify.
THE BREAKING OF THE SEALS
It begins with the breaking of the seals by the Lamb. Chapter 5 resonates with the sounds of worship of the victorious Lamb Who was slain, Who is worthy to receive all glory, honor, power, wealth, wisdom, strength and praise, and Who Alone was worthy to break the seals in all of heaven, earth or under the earth. There were seven seals in all. They were the seals of revelations, unraveled as they began to take place, signaled by the events that took place upon their breaking (Matt 2:6-14, Mk 13:6-13, Lk 21:9-19 etc.). And, we must understand, just as it is revealed in the verses prior to these passages and in the Book of Revelations chapters 2 and 3, false prophets and false teachers were already rampant. This means the message of the Gospel was already being distorted and pedaled with wrong intentions and for wrong purposes.
However, reverting to the Seven Seals, they were:
- 1st Seal – Far-reaching Conquests of kings or great empires;
- 2nd Seal – Wars;
- 3rd Seal – Escalating price rise and the irreparable Divide between the rich and the poor;
- 4th Seal – Unrest – great and bloody Revolutions, Savagery in the name of power etc., Natural Calamities, Plagues and Wild beasts;
- 5th Seal – Succession after succession of Martyrdom of His saints;
- 6th Seal – Introduced world’s first of the most severe Earthquakes. The signs that accompanied it set the tone for all such future catastrophes, but with increasing intensity as they followed.
Revelation of man’s future census in Heaven: by now John is revealed the number of the remnant from Israel as they are set apart and sealed by the seal of God and they number a meager 144,000 in all. In contrast is the great multitude that will be sealed, from the rest of the world – that comprise the spiritual Israel – A sign that the first of the end-time signs would have been accomplished by then, which is that the Gospel would have been preached to all nations. (Read Mk 13:10, Matt 24:4-14, Lk 21:7-20, Jn 15:18-Jn 16:4)
WARNING!: It is easy to see that times have raced ahead and these events have all become history by now. And yet churches and organizations pretend they are ‘winning’ souls by sending their lying emissaries who distort the Word into make-believing that the Gospel has to reach every individual! These are the fishermen the Spirit of God talks about in the book of prophet Jeremiah. Read Jer 16:16, “But now I will send for many fishermen,” declares the Lord, and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks.”
- 7th Seal – before the breaking of the seventh seal is the impregnable silence of about half an hour. It is the great calm before the great storm. A foretelling of the severe magnitude of events that will follow as heaven declares war on the inhabitants of the earth. This is symbolized by the blowing of the trumpets – seven in all.
[A brief understanding about the Weapons of God: Like apostle Paul has written, the weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world. BECAUSE, THE SAME IS TRUE OF GOD. God does not require men to make His weapons for Him. His Sword is the Word of God, just as it is confirmed by Jesus for it is the Word of God which will judge the world. Remember, the very breath of His mouth is enough to annihilate the entire world.
Therefore, firstly, we ought to understand that as revealed by Jesus, our words and deeds will either testify for us or against us, and just as they warrant, judgment will come upon us from our allies or enemies as it were. For example, the one who is unfaithful to God and allies with an enemy of God for some temporary gain or the other will be destroyed by that enemy himself. Because even though God has been long-suffering in order that such a one may repent, the enemy has no such virtue. Upon finding that such a one has been unfaithful to him as well for secretly one hopes to continue in one’s partial allegiance to God, he himself will bring the one to ruin! (Note for eg. Israel’s exile to Babylon pre-destined by king Hezekiah because of his secret treaty with envoys from Babylon! Likewise king Saul and the Amalekites.)
And, it isn’t as if Jesus did not warn us – remember, he taught us not to serve two masters – the mammon as well as God, as one will not be faithful to either and one ends up inviting judgment one way or the other. This is precisely why the Word of God states that the Beast and the Anti-Christ will hate Babylon and bring her to ruin. In short, one invites and hastens judgment on oneself even before ONE IS BROUGHT BEFORE THE JUDGMENT THRONE OF GOD, as the devil and his army of evil angels and demons will be permitted the power to carry them out both before and during their actual reign of terror.]
THE SEVEN TRUMPET BLASTS
Trumpets, we know, are meant to announce the onset of WAR! Note how His retributions begin – it has all the ingredients of His great and holy wrath plus the prayers and tears of His saints that are ever before Him. And when these are together flung to the earth, we’ll know without doubt (eg. Ezek 20:48) that Heaven has declared WAR as the following takes place beginning with the second greatest earthquake:
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood – 1/3rd of earth’s vegetation will be destroyed.
- 2nd Trumpet – a blazing huge Mountain-like something flung into the sea – 1/3rd of the living creatures of the sea will be destroyed including 1/3rd of the ships.
- 3rd Trumpet – a great blazing Star (called Wormwood) fell on a third of all fresh water resources making them poisonous and bitter – many people will die.
- 4th Trumpet – upheaval in the skies, heavenly bodies struck including sun, moon and the stars – dark hours or nighttime will increase by 1/3rds.
First of the End-time Warnings from Heaven: At this point, Rev 8:13 makes mention of an eagle that will announce and warn men of the oncoming woes on the heels of the last three trumpet blasts. Also refer Hos 8:1, Ezek 10:14, Rev 4:7, Rev 12:14, Isa 31:5, Jer 48:40, Jer 49:22 etc.
Let this serve as a warning to all die-hard KJV advocates to not to put their trust in man for their version makes mention of ‘an angel’ instead of ‘an eagle’. As the verses above clarify it is the eagle – one of the four living creatures before the Throne in heaven – a symbol of God’s incredible faithfulness because by this time His Word will not be found among men anymore! [Other examples are Rev 10:1-7, Rev 14:6-13 etc. However, here the messages are given by angels.] As it says in Jer 28:8-9, Ezek 2:5 & 10 etc. the true prophets of God who warn the people of the woes and laments are never received and will be put away with, one after the other. Instead the liars who prophesy peace and plenty will continue to be harbored, acknowledged and followed, and of course they will maintain their intention to delude men into an unholy sense of complacency with such teachings as the teaching of ‘rapture’.
- 5th Trumpet – the Star (meaning it is one of the seven angels assigned to the churches – Rev 1:20 ) with the key to the shaft of the Abyss will open it. And one of Satan’s fallen angels by name of Abaddon or Apollyon with his great army of terrible demons, resembling giant locusts, who were locked up to be released for this time and for this purpose will be given power to harm the inhabitants of the earth for five months, inflicting terrible torture and pain to all those people without the Seal of God on them. Such will be the inescapable torment of it that though men will desire death, it will elude them.
- 6th Trumpet – the release of the next four fallen angels who were imprisoned at the great river Euphrates. These are the killers whose mounted troops will number two hundred million. Geographically speaking, it also gives us the exact location from where they will come. And they will kill a third of mankind. We ought to understand that all these evil spirits or demons function through men – yes, man is the medium they employ!
NOTEWORTHY HERE IS THE FACT THAT AS IT TESTIFIES IN Rev 9:20-21 NONE OF THESE EVENTS WILL BRING ABOUT ANY REPENTANCE IN THE HEARTS OF THE SURVIVORS. THEY WILL ONLY CONTINUE IN THEIR IDOLATRY AND WICKEDNESS. IN FACT THEY WILL NOT ONLY REFUSE TO REPENT BUT ALSO CURSE THE GOD OF HEAVEN (Eg. Rev 16:9, 11, 21).
The last two witnesses or prophets of God: At this stage God will send two of His prophets for the last time. These are the last of men who will preach the Word of God. They will prophesy and make known many mysteries of the Lord that were forbidden by men and confirm them with demonstrations of the great wrath of God to punish those who will want to harm them – such as those seen and experienced during the days of Elijah and Moses. And when they finish their testimony, the Beast or the evil man who harbors the great demon called Abaddon or Apollyon from the Abyss, will attack them and overpower and kill them.
Of course they will be denied burial as they will not belong to any of the churches. And all nations will only be too happy to wash their hands off them. By prophesying against all of them according to the will of God (eg. Rev 10:1), they incur the wrath and hatred of all men who will celebrate at their killing. With the technological advancement of the media witnessed today, it needn’t be a matter of any wonderment to us when it describes that all the world will gaze and gloat over their dead bodies.
And just as they are watching, celebrating and gloating, which continues for three and a half days, God will demonstrate His power and not only raise them to life but also cause them to ascend into heaven before their very eyes. This will take place where Jesus was crucified and later ascended into heaven before the very eyes of men. And then the 3rd of the greatest earthquake will occur in the place and a tenth of the city will collapse.
NOTEWORTHY IS THE FACT THAT THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME WHEN MANY OF THE SURVIVORS WILL TURN TO GOD. JUST AS THE WORD OF GOD TESTIFIES, THE BLOOD OF HIS SAINTS SPEAKS ALOUD, AND THEY SHALL NOT BE SHED IN VAIN. EVERY KERNEL OF WHEAT THAT FALLS TO THE GROUND SHALL RAISE A GREAT HARVEST OF MEN UNTO HIM. PRAISE THE LORD!
- 7th Trumpet – Heaven begins to celebrate the Great Victory of God and the Coming of His Kingdom. This is onset by the 4th of the greatest earthquakes.
Satan will at last lose his seat in heaven: We have learned that Satan moved about freely and even entered the presence of God from time to time to bring accusations against His saints. Eg. Job 1:6-7, Job 2:2-3 etc. Therefore, by this time, Satan or the dragon, knowing that his time is up and having access into heaven will wage a war to lay claim on souls of God’s people.
But he will be overcome and hurled down to earth, forever losing his seat in heaven so that he will not be able to accuse God’s people any more. But, this is also the time of special nurturing and protection for God’s remnants on earth. They will be sheltered under His wings in the wilderness (meaning time of severe scarcity) and spared from the devil’s great fury just like in the past (eg. Ex 19:4). Upon realizing that he has no power over them, he will then turn his full attention to those who may be found in the rest of the world. And this is the very moment the world has been gearing up and readying itself for – the revelation or the Coming of the Lawless one – also known as the reign of the Beast or the Anti-Christ.
THE REIGN OF THE BEAST OR THE ANTI-CHRISTThis is the time when Satan will finally reveal himself to the world. Because, God will hand over complete dominion to him for a brief period to test the inhabitants of earth.
He will set up two of the most evil men the world has ever seen. For these two Beasts will be vested with all his power and authority. One will rule, while the other will function as his alter ego or spokesman. In every manner they will distinguish themselves from the rest of the mankind – in appearance, in the demonstration of their power, in the total sway they would exercise over the whole earth so that every nation, every tribe will be awestruck and follow them.
It will be a one global world for all – with one power, one dominion, one ruler and one ‘deity’ as everyone will worship the first Beast and his ‘talking image’. The men of power and science have already ordered the creation of this Ogre. A clue to the identity of one of its heads, the eighth head in fact which is the Beast himself, is revealed in the Word as the king or ruler who will be recognized by all because of the terrible and fatal head wound he had once suffered and died which will then appear to have been healed and the man himself will seem to have come to life.
This is the same Beast from the Abyss who kills the two witnesses or the prophets of God. And, most importantly, this is the same Beast on whose glory will Babylon come to ride and reveal her true self! The other heads – seven in all are powers that have been, except for two, one of which continues and one who will then come but for a little while only. This means, five are newly revived powers from the past, sixth one is an existing one and the seventh will be new and short-lived. The ten horns are kings or powers that are all going to newly emerge. They will all unite and come together with one purpose – the purpose of Satan to oppose the God of heaven and destroy His people. Therefore, they will willingly hand over their powers to the Beast who is the eighth king or ruler and remain as his puppet rulers only. A sample of it is experienced by us already because all governments are taking mandatory control over its people by amassing all information (on some pretext or the other like newly introduced subsidies, welfare schemes etc.) about them down to the last detail however least or insignificant they may appear and storing them to be easily accessed at the click of a number.
The significant features of the reign of Anti-Christ are the power, the signs and wonders associated with it, and their desperate bid to imitate Christ’s resurrection by bringing forth the dead man (the Beast) to life and power – not at all an improbable thing with such knowhow and progress in science and technology today as exhibited in cloning, only this will be an advanced type of cloning as choice animal tissues will also be used. The corruptible ‘Science’ of the present world and ‘the temporal power of knowledge’, or rather the corrupted wisdom of Satan will serve as the basis for all their work. Hence the reference to ‘the sea’ as the place from where the Beast will come. “The deep” we have learned is the abode of the Devil, the Great Leviathan or the ancient Dragon.
This is the reason Jesus calls the sign seekers or the miracle seekers “the wicked and adulterous generation”, because these are not spiritual people, rather they are the religious minded people whose whetted appetites constantly seek signs and wonders. The Word of God means nothing to them, the Salvation of God just a blurred illusion to their already dulled minds and the Spirit of God no more than a magic wand so that they do not even recognize the spirits that have actually taken control over them and are leading them to their certain destruction.
Likewise, from the beginning of Satan’s rebellion, it has been his wont to deceive by pretending to be like God. He has been carefully producing his own counterfeit versions of all that is revealed of God to man. So that though he is not the Lion, he will roar like one (1 Pet 5:8) to rule with terror (egs. Ezek 22:25-29, Prov 28:15), and will even masquerade as an ‘angel of light’ (2 Cor 11:14), he even pretends to plant the Gospel but on the wings of the two conflicting eagles of power, namely wealth and corruption (Ezek 17:1-21) as opposed to the ‘eagle of God’ and so on and so forth. The counterfeits we encounter today are far too numerous and therefore it is not too difficult to understand why there is such widespread darkness everywhere. Thus producing an evil parallel of all that is holy, Godly and divine.
We now know how since the beginning of time he has been planting his lies, his counterfeit teachings. We have learned of:
- Cain’s waywardness and disobedience,
- we have learned of man’s seeking ‘the Son’ in their seed,
- we have learned of the oppression unleashed on women to prevent the fulfillment of God’s redemption work,
- we have learned of the sacrifices of all things unholy and unclean, even one’s own children, in order to blind men to the perfect, pleasing and holy sacrifice of the Son of God,
- we are learning how every Covenant came to be broken (eg. Hos 6:7),
- and how every perfect law of God is defiled and tampered with,
- we have learned how the Sabbath came to be disobeyed, desecrated and now totally discarded,
- how all sorts of calendars are being made to oppose the Dates and Times set by God,
- how men and women continue to live under the burden of sin, curses and death particularly the so-called people of God,
- how ‘sex’ came to supersede True and Holy Love of God, even in the house of God, and HOW WOMEN, CHILDREN AND EVEN FELLOW MALES ARE OFFERED SEXUALLY ON SATAN’S ALTAR IN THE PRETEXT OF THE WORSHIP OF THE BEAST PREVALENT SINCE THE BEGINNING etc. etc.
These are just a few examples that come to mind instantly. The Truth is they don’t stop there, corruption has permeated every aspect of life. For instance, in the pattern of worship and even in the singing – ONE MUST NOT GO BY THE MUSIC OR THE FACES THAT LAUNCH THESE SONGS, NEVER MIND HOW CONVINCING THEIR ACTING SKILLS APPEAR, FOR THEIR SINGING AND THEIR LYRICS ARE ALL ABOMINATIONS AND DESECRATIONS OF THE WORD OF GOD. Their focus is nothing but gain.
Whereas, the singing and worship that is truly pleasing to God is that which comes from Him. It is one of the first and instantaneous blessings a ‘new-born’ child of God experiences. This is why Christ has declared, “From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise” (Matt 21:16). Let us read Ps 71:22-23, “I will praise You with the harp for Your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to You with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to You – I, whom You have redeemed.” , Ps 119:54, “Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge.”, Ps 119:172, “May my tongue sing of Your words, for all Your commands are righteous.” etc. and truly discern the ‘new songs’ that are ordained of the Lord for the glory of His holy Name – Ps 40:3, “He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.” Some of the examples are the song of Moses and Miriam, of Hannah, of Mary etc.
Finally, let us understand, in keeping with this nature of his, IT IS BUT INEVITABLE THAT HE WILL FINALLY DRAW A PARALLEL TO THE TRINITY OF GOD. Hence, he produces his version of counterfeit trinity – the Dragon or the Satan and the first and the second Beasts, the latter of whom has the spirit of false prophecy, hence will function as the prophet of the devil.
AND, FOR A WHILE IT WOULD SEEM LIKE, JUST AS THE TWO PROPHETS WERE OVERPOWERED, THE SAINTS OF GOD ARE ALSO OVERPOWERED AND CONQUERED – MOSTLY KILLED, SOME TAKEN TO CAPTIVITY AND OTHERS MADE TO STARVE AS THEY WILL BE LEFT WITH NO MEANS TO SURVIVE.
The Eunuchs of God: By now, the number of the faithful virgin saints of God would have been fulfilled. They are those who had chosen to become eunuchs and had forsaken marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God. They number a total of 144,000 only from the entire line of mankind on earth. Note how Rev 14:4 bears testimony to misinterpretations by the scribes because it uses the words, quote “did not defile themselves with women.” unquote. How can women defile somebody? If women did defile, why would Jesus Christ be born of a woman and not by the seed of man? Don’t these liars just profane the Name of God and mislead His people. To their utter disgrace, they have only brought the axe down on themselves.
The Truth is these eunuchs include both men and women of God, whose superior calling or virtue has been to imitate Christ and become eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of God. Therefore, as described in the first paragraph of Rev 14, they will continue to enjoy superior privilege and status in the kingdom of God for they will always be accompanying Christ wherever He goes. Everything about them will be unique and exclusive, earmarked by their exclusive music and singing which no one else will be able to learn or imitate.
More Warnings from Heaven: Even at this stage, the incredible demonstration of God’s faithfulness is made known to mankind when He sends His angels, three in number and one after the other, to warn them. Just as it was with Israel before the First Coming of Jesus Christ, when there came about a huge gap or silence between heaven and His people due to their stubborn resistance so that there were no revelations or fresh messages from God for a period of about four hundred years. Instead God sent His angels to herald the coming of the Messiah – whether it was to Zechariah, Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth, John or the shepherds.
Similarly, once again He will send His angels for the following reasons:
- The first angel is seen with the eternal Gospel, who will warn the people to worship the True God of heaven only.
- The second angel will herald the fall of Babylon. [And let us not forget the final warnings in chapter 18, before the actual fall of Babylon – from two more angels and a voice, who will for the last time announce the fall of Babylon and warn the people to flee from her by literary demonstrating the violence with which she will be brought down.]
- The third angel will warn the people not to receive the mark of the Beast or worship him or bow before his robotic image. The angel will also encourage the saints to be faithful in obeying God and to enduring patiently for the end won’t be long in coming. [Note how the ‘advocates of individuality’ with the sole intention of leading astray one and all by teaching, literally enforcing, the path of self-pursuit or the pursuit of chasing one’s own goal or dream or the ‘each one going his own way’ way of living, have in reality by separating them from all that was true and honorable brought them to fit into their singular moulding cast. So that these separated individuals (which is the general public all over the world) have all begun to look alike, speak alike, dress alike, behave alike, dream alike, eat alike, drink alike, in fact live exactly alike. And thus it paves the way for them to present their look-alike robotic image, and one will not be able to tell the difference one way or the other.]
The Mystery of Death unraveled: At this juncture the Spirit of God reveals the great secret of Death to all mankind through His faithful servant John who then heard a loud voice ordering him to write the following: BLESSED ARE THE DEAD WHO DIE IN THE LORD FROM NOW ON. For, the Spirit adds, THEY WILL REST FROM THEIR LABOR and their deeds will follow them.
Just as Jesus had revealed in the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the mystery of death is no longer there. While His saints enter their rest, the torment of others begins right away. The following passage from Rev 14:14-20 is the depiction of the same in a more profound manner. The word “Harvest” spiritually means Death. And just as it is with harvests, there are those that are gathered and taken into store-houses and there are those that are, like grapes for wine, meant for trampling under foot. So that, if these were to be trampled, their blood would rise as high as the horses’ bridles for a great distance indeed!
True enough, John was taken further ahead in time, and he saw the vision of all those who had been beheaded by the beast for their testimony of Christ (Rev 15:2-3), just as he had seen all the martyrs resting under the altar of God waiting for the retribution of the Lord (Rev 6:9-11) as also the great multitude of people from all the nations, races and tribes before the throne of God (Rev 7:9, 14).
IF ONLY CHILDREN OF GOD HAD UNDERSTOOD IT, THEY WOULD NEITHER MOURN THEIR DEAD NOR FRANTICALLY GO ABOUT DEPRIVING THEIR OWN THE GOD-GIVEN PRIVILEGE TO ENTER THEIR REST BEFORE THE GREAT ‘HOUR OF TRIAL’ COMES UPON THE EARTH. READ Isa 57:1-2, Rev 3:10 Etc.
THE LAST OF THE PLAGUES OR HERALDS OF COMING JUDGMENT
Golden Bowls of God’s wrath: These are the last of the plagues. Again, they are seven in all. And, this time, the temple of God in heaven is so filled with His glory and the awesome power of His wrath that it became impossible for anyone to enter it until all the seven plagues were completed. If the previously noticed silence depicted the horror of what was to come, this barring of the temple of God depicts His inconsolable grief at that which is going to transpire – expressed so well in Isa 22:4, “Therefore I said, ‘Turn away from Me, let Me weep bitterly. Do not try to console Me over the destruction of My people’.”
These are plagues that will only affect the wicked or those who followed the Beast and worship him:
- 1st bowl – ugly and painful sores will break out on them.
- 2nd bowl – the sea will turn red and everything in it will die.
- 3rd bow – all fresh water bodies will also turn red so that it is fulfilled that “For they have shed the blood of Your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve.” (Rev 16:6),
- 4th bowl – the sun will literally turn its heat on the people, and they will be scorched with its fire.
- 5th bowl – the kingdom of the beast will be plunged into darkness, and men will gnaw their tongues in agony.
- 6th bowl – the great river Euphrates will be dried up to make way for the armies of Satan. Evil spirits will go forth from the mouths of the Satan and the two Beasts to gather them for the Great Battle of God Almighty.
Warning to the Church or the remnant: Rev 16:15, “Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed.”
The suspense element of the Coming of the Lord is symbolized by the ‘coming of a thief’ – unannounced and without prior warning, or suddenly and swiftly. And there the similarity ends.
Because, as Jesus describes in the books of the Gospel (for eg. Matt 24:27-30), His actual Coming itself will not be like that of a thief as it will be visible to one and all. Hence, as it reads in 1 Thess 5:2, 2 Pet 3:10, Rev 3:3, to be more exact, it is the Day of the Lord that will come upon us like a thief. 1 Thess 5:1, “Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘peace and safety’, destruction will come on them suddenly as labor pain on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.” Refer Matt 24:36, 42, Matt 25:13, Mk 13:32-33.
- 7th bowl – The mother of all earthquakes – the fifth and the last of the great earthquakes! It will split Jerusalem into three, and collapse every city in the world. Every island, hill and mountain that had remained will all disappear.
At last, the stage is set for Christ’s Glorious Coming, and as we have just observed, all that follows is too many and too awesome to enumerate in one go, besides the fact that they will occur in such rapid succession that the detailing itself which took good part of four chapters in the Bible could become overwhelming if we are not careful to move one step at a time.
- Hailstones as large as rocks of about a hundred pounds or about 50 kilograms will fall on men.
- And Babylon the great will also disappear without a trace like a large millstone flung into the sea.
- The ‘Lake of fire’ or the eternal doom from where there can be no return will surface.
- The cleansing River of God will flow from Jerusalem, the throne of God on earth, where the city had split. As it flows, it will grow into a mighty river cleansing the earth and all fresh water bodies as it moves along. Fresh fruit-bearing plants will grow alongside it. There will no more be any sea or ocean as this mighty river will flow into them continuously and make them fresh water. For salt, men will depend on marshlands as places like Moab will become salty marshlands like the Sodom and Gomorrah of the past. Once again the land will see plenty and above all, every nation will enjoy the elusive peace finally.
- Jesus Christ and the saints will inhabit Israel, and the throne of God will be in Jerusalem. He, along with His faithful servants and apostles, will reign over the whole earth as rulers and judges.
- Men and animals will return to their pre-fall state, and all animals will be herbivores as of old.
- Everyone will enjoy long life once again.
- Only the snakes will continue to crawl on their bellies and feed on dust – which is symbolic too of the final conclusive Judgment of Satan and the wicked among men.
- There will be no fear of any sort – whether of natural calamities, wars, oppression of men, robbers or murderers. In fact, there will be no arms or ammunition or amassing of them by any nation.
- What is more, there will be no trade or businessmen around. That is the kind of plenty all men will enjoy. There will be no greed or lure of wealth.
- Nations will throng to Jerusalem and worship the Lord, bringing with them their gifts and riches like queen of Sheba had done.
- The saints of God will live on earth in their heavenly bodies, and will have no fear of death, sickness or even sin! They will be blameless before all men, and their radiance will be like the radiance of the noon day sun. They will move about like heavenly beings, literally wafting through every earthly obstacle.
- The surviving people on the other hand will not be like them. They will continue to be mortals, but will live to be very old.
- To begin with, there will be very few men around as most of them will have perished by then. It will be a while before men are raised once again.
- The surviving men will finally be trained in faithfulness, which will manifest itself when they shall be true to their children and no child will be fatherless or abandoned by its father.
[Some of the references for all above: Matt 19:28-30, Mk 10:29-31, Lk 22:28-30, Jn 17:24-26, Jer 48:9, Zech 14:4-8, Ezek 47:1-12, Mic 4:6-8, Obad 1:21, Isa 11:6-9, Isa 65:17-25, Isa 2:5, Mic 4:3-4, Isa 56:7, Isa 23:1, Job 27:17, Isa 61:6-7, Eccles 2:26, Isa 65:1, Jn 2:13-16, Rev 21:1-7, Mal 3:18, Isa 13:12, Mal 4:6 etc.]
THE GLORIOUS COMING OF THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS
And then the announcement from the Throne of God declaring, “It is done.” (Rev 16:17). It is the fulfillment of the next stage of His redemption work. We have heard it from Him before at the culmination of each stage of His work for the redemption of mankind, first in Eden, then on the Cross and now this. After this, what is left is the final announcement, the ultimate fulfillment of our hope and faith – “Behold, I make all things new!” And then it will be “It is done.” (Rev 21:6) once again for the last time. Amen!!!!!!
The Spectacular Redemption of the bodies of the saints of God, dead or living: This is the moment of the much awaited and eagerly anticipated redemption of our bodies – also called the glorious freedom of the children of God (Matt 22:30, 1 Cor 15:52-53). For as it says in Matt 24:30-31, for example, Jesus will appear in the clouds and send His angels to escort every child of God, since the beginning of time, in their heavenly and holy attire or bodies to be caught up with Him in the air. First the dead will be resurrected and then the living will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye, wherever they may be – which is going to be in captivity, even dark dungeons (Isa 49:9a, Rev 13:10a, Dan 7:25b etc.). And led by the King of kings and Lord of lords, the heavenly army of God will enter Jerusalem. As they enter, the retribution of the Lord will come upon the great army of men assembled to wage war with Him. But, before that will be the aforementioned sequence of events climaxing in the Judgment on Babylon (detailed here under the title ‘Babylon and her end’). As we learn further, it becomes easy to separate that which will follow before the Judgment on Babylon and that which will follow after.
The Two-fold Retribution of the Lord: The actual Judgment of God will take place in two parts. The first part will take place at His Glorious coming and the second part will take place after His millennium reign on earth.
First Part which is currently under our scrutiny involves:
- The Judgment on Babylon which will be sudden and swift alongside the manifestations of the plague from the seventh bowl. She will burn by the fiery judgment of God and will be destroyed in an hour’s time.(Ref Ezek 22:19-22)
- The Judgment on the Beasts and the great army of Satan. The Beasts will be captured and thrown bodily into the Lake of fire or burning sulfur, the place of no return. The rest of them or the great army of nations gathered at the behest of Satan and armed with the power of all his evil spirits will be destroyed by the Sword or the Word of God, and their carcasses will be left for wild birds to feed on.
- The imprisonment of Satan. An angel of God will seize Satan with a great chain. He will be thrown into the Abyss and imprisoned there for thousand years of Christ’s reign on earth.
BABYLON AND HER END
Babylon is the evil parallel to the holy city of Zion, both of whom are presently invisible. They are the two branches of the same root. And, because Babylon is the branch which falls away (eg.Jn 15:6) and is heading towards its destruction by the fire of God (how the devil has deluded them into invoking this fire upon themselves by themselves even in their songs!), she will be the first one to be revealed. And the Judgment which was originally meant only for Satan and his band of rebelling angels will fall on her first, ahead of even the wicked.
Let us understand her better from the description of her given in chapter 17, which reveals the following distinguishing features:
- She is comprised of people from all nations and races.
- She is unfaithful to God.
- Her glory is the beast on whom she rides.
- Because she has violated God’s holy covenants she is responsible for the deaths of innumerable children and saints of God. In fact she is drunk with their blood.
- She holds the golden cup of her adulteries. The golden cup is the riches she boasts of and in pursuit of which she entered into her unholy and devious tryst with Satan to commit abominable things and adulteries against God. This is the maddening wine with which she commits adulteries with the inhabitants and kings or rulers of the earth and makes them drunk with it so that all are drawn to her in droves.
- Confident of her riches and the power she draws from the evil spirits that have made her their haunt, she declares, Isa 47:7 “….. ‘I will continue forever – the eternal queen!’”
- She has no regard for the majestic beauty of the holiness of God. Instead, she leads her children according to the beauty and lure of the flesh. And, because with her flesh she profanes God’s Name, she will be ravaged in flesh by her enemies. Her evil assemblies honor men of power, wealth and beauty. The righteous saints and servants of God are devoured at her tables of fortune and destiny.
- Her teachings are idolatrous and male-centric, and she has ensured the weeds of her lies has far reaching effects through her many seminaries and so called Bible schools or institutions such that she has made it mandatory for all ministers of God to adorn themselves with the titles and degrees she lavishes on them for propagating her murderous lies. Even children are not spared, they are inculcated into her lies with such programs as catechisms or Sunday-schools and polished off with regular exams, quiz programmes, ‘talent’ tests and what have you!
- She continues to have her sway over her disillusioned youth so that they stagger about during the day like drunkards, full of her male idolatry, and commit most heinous crimes against women and children. Their drunken orgies could easily put Sodom and Gomorrah to shame (Matt 10:15, Matt 11:24).
- She will write her doom with her own hands when she makes her appearance riding on the glory of the Beast from the Abyss. That is right, she will be truly recognized for what she is at the revelation and coming of the lawless one or the Beast, the Anti-Christ.
Be warned! And recognize her by her fruits: Just as Jesus warns, be on the alert and recognize her by her fruits so that you will not partake of them and be destroyed with her. Because, the Beast or the Anti-Christ will come from the so-called people of God or Babylon. For eg. read Dan 11:36-38, Dan 11:28-35, Dan 11:45 etc.
Her throne is the existing power out of the seven plus ten powers that will be allied with her. Five of the powers will be the presently dormant great powers from the past. Sixth one will be an existing one and the seventh will newly emerge for the purpose just as the other ten. Her throne is the eighth power who is her king, the Anti-Christ, who will emerge from the sixth one or the existing power in force. This means she will be enthroned in the nation which symbolizes the existing power in force.
The allegory of the two eagles: It is not difficult to discern this power as the fruits are all there to be seen. The allegory of the two eagles given in the prophecy of Ezek 17, describes them absolutely. Now before we go into that, let us understand when God makes His revelations of the end-time, He divides the earth into two, namely North and South. Going by the polar distribution of earth’s nations, it is easy to identify the South with Israel in its centre. Likewise, ‘North’ will be the countries of the commonly known west, headed by USA. To some extent some of the yesteryear powers, dormant presently, that will be associated with it is also cognizable. And since all nations will join in war against Israel in the end, the new emerging powers – ten plus one will be from the rest of the nations from the South.
Returning to the allegory of the eagles, it is easy to discern the route Babylon took to wield its power over the nations. As it says, the Gospel was carried on the wings of a mighty eagle or ‘the conflicting power of wealth against God on earth’ to a land of traders. And though, at first, it was received well and allowed to take root and grow until its rich green foliage began to show, the trade route by which it had come brought in the second ‘conflicting power of corruption’ so that soon their allegiance shifted, which is manifested by the fruits of both wealth and corruption that they bear. As a result, these vines have now come under the siege of both these conflicting powers, and they will be destroyed by the two. It means, what one leaves behind, the other will destroy.
[Just as Jesus has warned, “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.” (Matt 6:24. Lk 16:13), it is impossible to serve the two. And, Babylon is the fruit of those who attempted it. Even though, Jesus showed by examples of how the devil, not sparing the Son of God even, attempts at luring and deceiving. For instance, note how the devil shows Him all the splendor of this world and promises to give them to Him if He would only bow down and worship him (Matt 4:8-11), and particularly note how Jesus rebukes him and puts him in his place. Unless we, likewise, consecrate ourselves wholly to the service of God, we will be lured and deceived into serving the devil who will blind us spiritually into believing that all the blessings of this world we are endowed with actually came from God. Read James 5:1-6. Yes, until finally, the wealth we accumulated itself will testify against us and eat our flesh like fire!!!]
Everything she does, from the bartering of the Gospel to harboring of the souls, she does it to increase her power of wealth. It is her golden cup of glory that is overflowing with the blood of the saints of God. The corruption which followed was but inevitable. Nothing was spared, from the scriptures to the souls of men, everything got corrupted. And she makes the nations drink of her corruption and follow her ways, until she declares herself the queen of the earth. She has no qualms about allying with anything abominable as long as they do not remind her of her adulteries but partakes of them to increase her wealth and glory. So much so that she will finally display her complete shift of allegiance and unfaithfulness by openly entering into a covenant with the very enemy of God. Read 2 Pet 2:1-2, “But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even DENYING THE SOVEREIGN LORD WHO BOUGHT THEM – bringing swift destruction on themselves.”
She is the haunt of all evil spirits. Her strength and power comes from them. Churches throughout the world drink from her cup and counsel with her spirits of corruption and debauchery. [I myself know of pastors who when confronted with the infallible Word of God rush to counsel with these spirits and shamelessly reject Truth to teach their lies and abominations with twice the vengeance.] She is the Jezebel of the unchaste spirits. And like the Jezebel of old, her husband, her king, will be the king of her own people. And then as it is described in Rev 17, she will reveal her true colors and boast in the king she had been secretly serving all along, who is known for his blasphemous names – for example ‘Rapture’ instead of Resurrection, ‘Calvary’ instead of Golgotha, ‘Christening’ instead of Baptism, ‘Charismatic’ instead of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit etc. etc. etc. besides the ones they give to their children like Jayden or Jaden and Devlin and the likes that are all readily received by her people. All her prophets are like Balaam, who mislead the people for gain. [And all of them, without exception, show their true colors when I take God’s Word to them. They will instantly shed their masks and debar me like ‘prison wardens’ which is what they truly are, claiming total authority and control over the flock in such words as these, ‘They are my flock. I am their shepherd. I have worked hard to get them here. So I will decide what they will receive or hear and from whom. You cannot minister to them without my permission.’ They have spread the word that I teach lies so the people on their part turn on me with derision and contempt. Some secretly fear the wrath of God and humor me by pretending to show interest and no sooner than my back is turned they continue with their evil ways.]
The Anti-Christ or the first Beast from the ‘Abyss’ in the sea will be the product of her sorceries so that he will be the complete personification of the devil – the ancient serpent or the Leviathan himself (Job 41:1, Isa 27:1). He will bear the easy-to-recognize resemblance of an assassinated ruler from the past because the person’s fatal wound was visibly made on the head. He will bring an end to all sounds of worship, the daily fellowships of the faithful and the preaching and teaching of the Word etc, (Dan 9:27a). “He (the Antichrist) will speak against the Most High and oppress His saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him…” (Dan 7:25). Also refer Rev 13:5-8. “This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.” (Rev 13:10b). Read Dan 12:11-12, “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.” Yes, the captives who do persevere in their hope and faithfully endure until the end will rejoice. They will lift up their heads and see their redemption fulfilled (Lk 21:28) as the Lord appears with His mighty army in the sky (Rev 19:11-16).
The second Beast will be the personification of the ancient Behemoth for as it testifies of him, he will come out of the earth (Job 40:15). He will be full of the spirit of Anti-Christ, the first Beast, and hence he will be his spokesman or agent or the false prophet on his behalf. And just as we read in the prophecy of Daniel, chapter 11, he will be the product of the South. Though, at the outset, the two appear to be on loggerheads with each other, before long they enter into a treaty, a pact and become one of power and purpose. So that, the beast from the south will not only become the alter ego of the beast from the north but also as the latter’s spokesman he will enforce his evil laws, his worship and his sign on the people in order to distinguish God’s remnant by their resistance and destroy them.
The dragon will give him the authority to exercise all this on his behalf. He is described in appearance as a lamb – but in reality he is the fullness or perfection of the prophesied “wolf in sheep’s clothing”. His true nature will be revealed when he opens his mouth to speak for he will only blaspheme God like the first Beast or in reality the dragon he represents. He will exercise his evil powers and strike terror and awe in the hearts of the people in order to deceive them by seeming to replicate in full view of everybody the renowned miracles of the God in heaven!! He will even appear to breathe life into the image of the first beast, so that this robotic contraption will begin to speak and order the beheading of their disobedient.
Towards the end of their reign they will gather the nations and wage war against Israel. Israel will be ravaged and the streets of Jerusalem will spill over with the blood of its people beginning with the priests and elders in the sanctuary. And Anti-Christ will enthrone himself on the eternal throne of God on earth. This is the “ABOMINATION THAT CAUSES DESOLATION” – the final sign signaling the end. Because this is when the eyes of the remnant in Israel will be truly opened and they will mourn and call for the One they pierced. Just as Jesus reveals, this is when they will call out in one accord, “Blessed is the One who comes in the Name of the Lord.” And even before the words are out of their mouths, the King of kings and the Lord of lords, the Holy One of Israel, the One Faithful and True, will enter Jerusalem and destroy the Anti-Christ and all his allies, the second beast including, with the very breath of His mouth. This is why, Jesus has testified to the Israelites in particular in Matt 10:23, “When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of man comes.”
And He will reign on the originally promised length and breadth of the land that belonged not just to five or seven nations but to ten nations in all (read without fail these verses: Gen 15:18, Isa 54:2-3, Isa 49:19-21 etc.).
Hence, as it is prophesied in Ezek 21:30, “Return the sword to its scabbard. In the place where you were created, in the land of your ancestry, I will judge you. I will pour out My wrath upon you and breathe out My fiery anger against you; I will hand you over to brutal men, men skilled in destruction. You will be fuel for the fire, your blood will be shed in your land, you will be remembered no more; for I the Lord have spoken.”, this sword of God’s wrath will finally return to its scabbard and will be remembered no more.
WHAT WILL REMAIN IS HIS SWORD, THE ETERNAL WORD OF GOD WHICH WILL UNSHEATHE ITSELF AGAINST ONE AND ALL AND NOT BE RETURNED TO ITS SCABBARD AGAIN. Read Ezek 21:3, “This is what the Lord says: I am against you. I will draw My sword from its scabbard and cut off from you both the righteous and the wicked, My sword will be unsheathed against everyone from south to north. Then all people will know that I the Lord have drawn My sword from its scabbard; it will not return again.” Yes, though the heavens and the earth will pass away, His Word will remain. This is the herald of the actual Judgment of God which will begin after the millennium reign of Christ and His saints on earth (refer Rev 20:11-15).
The Second part of the actual Judgment of God: This is the part which will ensue after the millennium reign is over. It will be as follows:
- Satan will be released and allowed to once again gather those who belong to him. Together they will surround the encampment of God’s people and declare war. But the fire of God will come down from heaven and devour them, sparing none.
- Satan himself will be thrown into the Lake of fire of no return.
- Then the Second Resurrection will take place – the resurrection of the wicked. They will come before the throne of God and be judged, each according to their deeds, and will be thrown into the Lake of fire with the devil and his allies who went ahead of them. These are those whose names are not written in the Book of Life. They are the “Cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars – their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” (Rev 21:8). YES, THE LAKE OF FIRE IS ALSO CALLED THE SECOND DEATH, BECAUSE THERE IS NO RETURN FROM THERE!
- The last enemy to be destroyed is Death and Hades, and they will also be thrown into the Lake of fire. So that as Paul writes of Christ’s reign on earth in 1 Cor 15:25-26, “For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death.”
But, who are these righteous and the wicked referred to in Ezek 21:3 who will fall by the Sword of God? Before answering the question, let us understand that, though Babylon, the Beasts and all Satan’s army were destroyed at the Coming of the Lord, Satan himself was not destroyed. Instead, he was imprisoned in the Abyss for thousand years until the close of Christ’s reign on earth.
Because, when he is released from the Abyss, he will once again scout the earth and deceive all men. This is why it is written, read Isa 26:10, “Though Grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and regard not the majesty of the Lord.” This is the allusion to the wicked turned righteous, living in the garb of the pre-fall status of man during the millennium reign of Christ. Let us not forget they are the survivors or the remnants of the wicked who are not washed in the Blood of the Lamb and as such have not been redeemed in their bodies. They are the mortals who will live during the time and enjoy the plenty, the peace, the knowledge and glory of the Lord – everything that their fathers had hoped for and pursued after, albeit in all wrong directions. But like their fathers, they will continue to resist the Truth in their hearts and at the first opportunity they will show it by rallying with the Devil once again. For they are the symbolic ‘dust’ which will remain as the fodder of the serpent, refer Isa 65:25, until its end. Refer Gen 3:14, “So the Lord God said to the serpent, ‘Because you have done this, cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life’.” And as for the dust, refer Gen 3:19, “….until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.” Therefore, the Word of God testifies that their number will be vast and numerous, like the sand on the seashore. They will join forces to surround the Camp of God’s people in Israel, the City He loves. And then fire will come down from heaven and devour them – this is the Judgment of the so-called righteous of the earth.
The wicked are all those who met their death without bearing the Seal of God and therefore haven’t been able to partake in the First Resurrection of the righteous. The Second Resurrection is reserved for them. For they shall come to life and be judged before the Judgment Throne of God. Their deeds shall testify against them and they will meet their perpetual end in the Lake of fire, also called the Second Death or the place of no return.
IN HEAVEN – THE ETERNAL KINGDOM OF GOD
This will be the fulfillment of the final event of God’s work of redemption. And as He declares here, “I am making everything new!” (Rev 21:5), all the old order of things will pass away.
The curse that consumes the old or the present heaven and the earth will finally catch up with time and bring about its end. Read Isa 24:6, “There a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth’s inhabitants are burned up and very few are left.” Likewise, read Isa 24:20, “The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind; so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion that it falls – never to rise again.” Also, refer 2 Pet 3:7 & 10, “By the same Word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the Day of Judgment and destruction of ungodly men……. The Day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.”
Rev. 21:1, “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.” And Rev 21:23-25, “The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light…. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.” And, Rev 21:3-4, “And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
This is the introduction of the new heaven and new earth that will replace the old. And, as mentioned in the above verses, there will no longer be any sea, neither the sun nor the moon. The Holy City of God or the New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven and become its light. This is the triumphant home-coming of all God’s people into the kingdom of God. This is the prophesied and much awaited Wedding of the Lamb, when the Lamb of God Himself will lead His holy Bride into His holy and eternal abode.
No longer will heaven or the dwelling of God be a distant and unreachable place for the nations or the redeemed of the Lord. They will move in and out at will and only add to the splendor and glory of it. Every single soul will have his name engraved with the holy Name of God in the City of God and shine with the brilliant radiance of God as rarest of all precious stones that are all transparent because of their incredible purity. In fact everything in Heaven is transparent and will radiate the awesome glory of God. His servants, the apostles, the prophets and all those who served them faithfully will live in the City before the throne of God and of the Lamb. They will behold His face all the time. They will bear His name on their foreheads. They will worship Him and reign with Him for ever and ever.
Conclusion: It is the Church that is planted by the Lord Himself that will dwell in the sanctuary of the Lord, in the holy hill of God. Read Ezek 17:22, “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will take a shoot from the very top of a cedar and plant it; I will break off a tender sprig from its topmost shoots and plant it on a high and lofty mountain. On the mountain heights of Israel I will plant it; it will produce branches and bear fruit and become a splendid cedar. Birds of every kind will nest in it; they will find shelter in the shade of its branches. All the trees of the field will know that I the Lord bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall. I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish. ‘I the Lord have spoken and I will do it.’” Also refer Matt 16:18, Mk 4:30-32.
It is not difficult to understand the times, to understand where we stand today as children of God. The Word of God has testified to the evidences unfolding before our eyes. If one asks of the watchman, what is left of the night, the watchman will reply: “Morning is coming, but also the night.” (Isa 21:11-12). This is the night or the midnight, the darkest part of the night, before the crack of dawn. In spiritual terms, this is the time when there will be no light – no Word of God at all! Even if one desires, one will not find it. This is the last of the prophecies and before long this will stop. So, let us watch out and gird ourselves with Truth while we may. Let us break down all altars of man in our hearts and cleanse ourselves of all impurities and idolatries of the past, like the river of God, we learned, will cleanse the seas and the oceans. Yes, let the Spirit of God cleanse you with His infallible Word, the Truth (Jn 15:3). Let us truly repent and learn to deny ourselves, even as we consecrate ourselves to follow Him wholeheartedly and with fervent zeal. Like Jesus reminds, let us make up our minds not to worry beforehand how we will defend ourselves. “For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.” (Lk 21:14-15). This is when His promise of Isa 54:17 becomes our heritage, our glory. Amen!
Let this be our song of deliverance and hope as we wait patiently and obediently: “But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.”
Therefore, “Go, My people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until His wrath has passed by. See, the Lord is coming out of His dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed upon her; she will conceal her slain no longer.” (Isa 26:20-21).
And finally, read what the Spirit reminds us in these last days of fading light, “Should you then seek great things for yourself? Seek them not. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.” (Jer 45:5). Therefore receive the Word, and pass the Truth around to as many as you may and lead many, many souls to repentance and righteousness. Let us uphold each other in prayer and vow to persevere in Him and endure patiently until the darkness is past and the Dawn of Light shines upon our faces once again. For He Who is Faithful and True will not fail us. He will bring all things to pass at their appointed time, until at last He Himself will enter the eternal Sabbath rest with us and declare, “IT IS DONE. I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END.” (Rev 21:6).
May God Bless You!